Starpower Home Entertainment Systems, Inc.
Terms Of Usage
Copyright Info Disclaimer
All content included on the Star-power.com site, including logos, graphics, photographic images and text is the property of Starpower Home Entertainment Systems, inc. (“Starpower”), and/or its suppliers, and is protected by U.S. copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Starpower and its suppliers. Any reproduction, modification, distribution, republication or display of content is strictly prohibited. Except in connection with shopping or placing an order, the contents may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted electronically or mechanically, transmitted, recorded, in any manner mirrored, photocopied, reproduced or framed without the prior written permission of Starpower. Any permission granted will be terminated automatically if any terms or conditions of this site are breached.
Web Site Errors
Starpower makes every effort to ensure that the information on star-power.com is accurate, complete and current. Despite our efforts, there may be instances when information about a Product contains inaccurate or incomplete data, including data about the Product’s price or availability. Starpower makes no warranty or guarantee that the information on Star-power.com is error-free, complete, or current. We reserve the right to correct errors and/or update the content on star-power.com at any time without notice. Starpower also reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order containing any error or inaccuracy, including after the order has been submitted, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your order is canceled after your credit card has been charged, we will issue a credit to your credit card in the amount of the charge. If product is marked “in stock” and not available, you will be notified within 48 hours.
Affiliate Site Pricing Errors
Starpower has relationships with thousands of other sites on the web that promote the company and its products. Starpower makes efforts to ensure that the pricing and availability information on these sites are accurate, complete and current. Despite our efforts, there may be instances when information about a Product contains inaccurate or incomplete data, including data about the Product’s price or availability. Starpower makes no warranty or guarantee that the information on these sites are error-free, complete and/or current.
Credit Card Charges
Starpower currently uses Authorize.net which is recognized as one of the worldwide leaders in secure e-commerce payment technologies and services. Your credit card is charged when your order is finalized. For inquiries regarding your order, please logon to My Account on our homepage, or contact our customer service department at email@example.com
Most rebates on the site are offered through our manufacturers. These rebate and coupon offers are subject to the terms specified by the manufacturer. These terms include the timeframe of the offer, limitations on quantities and combination with other offers. Proof of purchase and UPC codes from the original packaging are normally required for redemption of rebates by the manufacturer or the manufacturer’s agent.
Limitaions & Exclusions
Online sales are intended for, and limited to, personal use and domestic sales only. We reserve the right to limit the number of products sold, including the right to prohibit sales to re-sellers. We disclaim all responsibility for the accuracy of any map or direction presented on our website. We will not ship to foreign locations. Warranties for products that are exported will be null and void.
Being an authorized online dealer allows Star-power.com to provide you with a higher level of protection for your goods and assures you the best possible service available online. Starpower offers award winning customer service, free shipping on some items, no collection of sales tax (outside TX and AZ) and the lowest possible price.
Many of the products available on Star-power.com include a rebate savings offer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding rebate applicable to your purchase.
Write a Review, Read a Review, You Be The Critic… Offer your opinions and experiences to others who might want some help making the best decision for their needs.
Local Pick-Up Policies
Need it Today? If you live in or around our three pick-up locations you may pick up your order directly from one of our local warehouse locations.
Starpower Dallas/Fort-Worth: 5314 Arapaho Rd. Dallas, Texas 75248
Ed Kellum & Son Dallas/Fort-Worth: 1200 Trend Drive, Carrollton, TX 75006
Starpower Scottsdale: 7077 E. Mayo Blvd. Phoenix, AZ 85054
Local Pick-Up is a free service that allows customers to order items online and pick them up in-store at Starpower’s warehouse locations in North Dallas, Texas and Phoenix, Arizona during our established warehouse hours. Only items marked in-stock are eligible for local pickup. Local pick-up is only available to local customers during checkout. Certain items are only available for in-store pickup.
Once you’ve chosen your items, you’ll go through our regular online Checkout process to purchase your items. Select Local Pick-Up from the available shipping methods in the shopping cart or on the Shipping Information page. Once we’ve processed your order, we will send you two emails, an Order Confirmation Email that summarizes your purchases and a Local Pick-Up Notification Email when your items are ready for pick up.
Local Pick Up
Orders will be ready for pickup 1 business day after being placed. By default, the person who placed the order can pick-up the items. Only the purchaser/designated pickup person can pick up the order. Orders will be held at the store for 7 days. If you have not picked up your order after 7 days, we will cancel the order and refund your card at the end of the holding period.
Picking up your order at Starpower
To ensure your pick up goes smoothly, please bring the following items:
- A copy of your Local Pick-Up Notification Email. (Sales Order)
- A valid photo ID (state issued ID or driver’s license)
- The credit card used for your purchase
Have any questions or suggestions? Please contact email@example.com
Since 1995, Starpower has developed relationships with our customers based on respect and integrity. We’re aware of the trust and confidence you demonstrate when you visit our website and provide us with information. The Privacy Notice below is posted to demonstrate our adherence to the practices you’ll find common to the best websites online. We promise that we will treat your information with the same honesty and sensitivity that we have displayed throughout our company’s history.
If you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Notice, please call us toll-free at: 888-206-1160; e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or send a letter to:15340 Dallas Pkwy, Ste 1000 Dallas, Texas 75248.
Star-power.com Privacy Notice
By visiting Star-power.com you agree to accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Changes to this Privacy Notice, Conditions of Use and Notices
Personal Information Collected By Starpower
Starpower uses information that we collect from our visitors to personalize and improve your Starpower experience. We gather the following types of information:
Information you give us: Starpower collects any information which you enter on our web site. This information is normally provided when you search, buy, participate in a contest, sweepstakes or on-line survey, or when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services through our Web site, telephone, mail or fax. You also provide information when you establish an account with us. Examples of the type of information you may supply us with include your name, address, telephone number, credit card information, e-mail addresses, and financial information such as your Social Security number.
Automatic Information collected by us: Whenever you visit our Web site we collect and store information such as “cookies” which remember information about a visitor from one page to the next and from one visit to the next. We collect and analyze the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; password; computer and connection information such as your browser type and version; operating system and platform; purchase history; confirmation when you open e-mail that we send you; the URLs which lead you to and around our Web site and other sites on the World Wide Web, including the date and time; the pages and or products you viewed or searched for and the phone number used to call our voice telephone numbers. Your browser allows you to reject cookies and software is available from third parties which will allow you to visit our Web site without providing this information. You are welcomed at our Web site if you use this software but we will not be able to offer you our personalized services.
Orders: If you place an order we use a secure order form which requires you to provide contact, billing, and financial information. This information is transmitted to your credit card company to authorize your purchase. Orders placed from California comply with California collection and use of personally identifiable information laws. At certain times we may offer financing options with or without third party participation. If you use a financing option information provided by you (such as your address, birth date, social security number, and credit card number) may be used to request a credit report from third parties or may be sent to a third party for processing.
Action Tags: Starpower’s web pages may contain action tags set by third party firms for the purpose of collecting anonymous information about the usage of our site by customers. These companies may also use this anonymous information to serve ads that may be of interest to you when you visit other sites across the internet. Action tags are also known as web beacons or 1 pixel gifs. Action tags are a technique used to compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our web site. They do not use personally identifiable information, such as names or addresses should you wish to opt-out of providing this anonymous information.
Sharing of Information with third-parties
Affiliated Businesses of Starpower may share any information that you supply to us with any affiliated business that is substantially controlled by Starpower and its affiliates. Any information that is shared this way will be subject to this Privacy Notice.
Independent Contractors: We employ other companies or individuals to provide certain services to us such as sending e-mail, providing click to call telephone calling services, analyzing customer lists and data, providing marketing assistance, or consulting services. These third parties will have access to the information needed to perform their functions but cannot use that information for any direct marketing purpose.
Third party service providers: Some of the products which we sell require us to provide your name, address, phone number and product serial number to the third party service provider(s that require this information to activate the service. These third party service providers have their own privacy and data collection policies which are not controlled by Starpower. We have no control, responsibility or liability for these policies and urge you to contact the third party provider if you have any questions.
Aggregate information: We provide aggregate information to some of our business partners. This information does not allow them to identify you individually.
Vendors: We provide some of our vendors with your contact information so that they may contact you directly with product support information. For example, we may supply your contact information to a Vendor if they request it in order to provide you with recall information about a product you have purchased from us.
Credit card companies, other Payers and shippers: When you buy something from us we send your credit card information, name, billing address and the amount of your purchase to your credit card company to verify and authorize the purchase. We will also send the same information (name, billing address and amount of your purchase) for other payment types which we may offer such as PayPal. Your name, telephone number and shipping information must be provided to third party shippers such as UPS, Freight companies, Federal Express and the United States Postal Service to deliver your purchase.
Third Party Ads, Surveys and Promotions: We may use third parties to display ads, surveys and various promotions on our site. These third party applications may contain cookies or other code which are outside of our control. Although we will attempt to only work with third parties who respect your privacy we do not control and are not responsible or liable for any information collected by these third parties or how it is used. You should contact the third party directly or check the third party’s privacy Notice to see how any information that they may gather will be used.
Link to Third Party Site: Our Web site contains links to third party sites, such as our vendors. Starpower does not control and is not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content found on these sites. We suggest that you check the Privacy Notice of each site you visit.
Law Enforcement and Protection of Users
We will release personally identifiable information to third parties and organizations when we believe it is appropriate for us to do so to comply with the law. We will also do so to cooperate with law enforcement investigations, comply with court orders or subpoenas, and protect the legal rights of us and our users, or when we believe it is needed for fraud protection and / or credit risk reduction.
Starpower has been in business independently for years, and our intent is to continue in this manner. However, in the unlikely event that Starpower is sold, has substantially all of its assets acquired or merges or becomes affiliated with any other individual or entity any customer information owned or under the control of Starpower may be one of the transferred assets.
Our Web site protects the security of personal information you transmit to us by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input during the transmission to us. We do not reveal your credit card number when we confirm your order. In order to protect against unauthorized access to your account you should sign off when you finish visiting our site.
Our Web site gives you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us you may opt-out by calling 866-206-1160 or e-mail email@example.com
Children’s Online Policy
Starpower is committed to the preservation of online privacy for all of its web site visitors, including children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Star-power.com sells products intended for purchase by adults. If you make a purchase on Star-power.com, you are representing that you are an adult. If you are a child under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using Star-power.com.
Sale Terms and Conditions/Return Policy
We are very pleased that you have made Starpower your choice. Starpower is committed to earning your total satisfaction with all of our products and services. To insure this happens, we would like to make you aware of our policies:
- In the event that Starpower must order products from our vendors to fulfill your order, no changes, cancellations, or returns can be accepted. You will remain responsible for full payment of these products. In addition, all labor charges, and delivery/shipping charges are sold as non-refundable.
- Subject to the exclusions in (1), if you are dissatisfied with a product for any reason, you may return it within 10 days for a full refund provided: i. The product(s) are in new condition without damage or abuse whatsoever; and, ii. The product(s) are returned with all packaging and accessories. In the event that these conditions are not met, Starpower may, at Starpower’s sole option, assign a restocking fee to offset these costs or decline the return altogether. Refunds for cash or check payments are processed through our corporate office by check and take 10 days to 2 weeks following the return of the product(s).
- If you wish to make a return after 10 days and before 30 days, Starpower will allow a 100% exchange subject to the exclusions described in (1) and (2). You will be responsible for any labor and/or delivery/shipping charges associated with the exchange of product(s). After 30 days, there are no returns or exchanges.
- In the event of a return, you are responsible for all shipping costs, including insurance (required on all shipments). You must include Starpower’s “Credit Memo”, which is provided via email when authorized. All returns are subject to the conditions set forth in (1), (2), and (3) above. Any credit due will be authorized after receipt and inspection.
- Starpower offers many flexible payment options including special term financing (subject to credit approval- call store for details) or major credit cards. Payment is due in full prior to delivery/installation of your products. Starpower maintains a security interest in the purchase to secure any unpaid balance.
- While our team of experts use their best efforts to estimate the number of hours and materials necessary, it is not always possible to foresee every factor involved in custom installation. This includes, but is not limited to: obstacles in walls and/or ceilings, failures of prior contractor(s), coordination with other companies, idle time while waiting for other contractor(s), etc. Starpower charges based on actual time logged by our Custom Installers. In the event that your installation is performed under the estimated time, you will be credited the difference. It is our goal to keep our installers working in the most efficient manner to avoid additional costs.
- Our team of Custom Installers will perform at the highest industry standards. However, there are some circumstances where audio/video reception cannot be guaranteed. These situations include, but are not limited to: microwave interference, electrical noise, acts of god or other circumstances beyond our control. Starpower is not responsible for these situations and does not guarantee local conditions. Starpower warrants its custom installation services for a period of 90 days following the substantial completion of work unless additional coverage is purchased. Products purchased from Starpower are warranted through the manufacturer and are subject to their respective terms and conditions. Additional coverage may be available for purchase from Starpower.
- In certain cases, we will be asked to install products in places that wiring cannot be concealed without causing damage to sheetrock, paneling, tiles, etc. While Starpower will make every effort to minimize damage to existing construction, Starpower will not be responsible for loss or repairs necessitated as a result of the performance of installation.
- In the event that Starpower is contracted to perform “Programming”, it is expressly understood that Starpower retains all rights associated with ownership of the developed program application. The costs billed to you are a single site license to use the Programming as described in your purchase from Starpower. There is no right to transfer, copy or otherwise alter Starpower’s Programming without express written permission from Starpower. In the event of nonpayment or unauthorized use, Starpower will have the right to withdraw its permission for use of the Programming without notice or liability for losses incurred as a result of such withdrawal.
- Any changes or additions will be added to the amounts stated and authorized via the same payment method as previously tendered.
White Glove Delivery Service (subject to availability)
- Home/residential delivery only.
- We will deliver and install the product inside a customer’s home.
- We will unbox and check the unit for damage and remove the trash / debris.
- We will haul away and dispose of the old unit.
- We will set up and hook up the product to existing service. Service meaning existing cable/satellite/blu-ray player for electronics and existing water/gas lines with cut-off valve and plug in electrical service for appliances.
- Any custom installation needs the customer may need can be quoted on a case by case basis.
- The White Glove service does not include the installation of standalone under counter icemakers, dishwashers, disposals, over the range microwaves, single / double ovens, cooktops, or built in appliances such as hoods and built in refrigerators.
- Once set up and installed the technician will go over the operation of the unit with the customer and answer any questions they may have.
- 4-Hour Delivery Guarantee Guidelines
- Purchase must be paid in full.
- Payment must be made in person at the store or online for internet purchases.
- Purchase must be made before 2pm in store and by 12:00 noon for internet purchases.
- The merchandise must be in stock.
- The delivery address must be within a 20 mile radius of the store.
- The installation must be a basic hookup or connection.
- If we don’t arrive at the delivery destination within 4 hours, the delivery fee is refunded.
- Basic hookup or connection is defined as setting the TV in place and hooking it up to an existing signal source (cable, DTV, antenna). Normally, our delivery will also include connecting existing DVD players to the unit, too. However, sometimes more complicated installations will require additional services available for a fee. These additional services are not provided in the 4-hour delivery and must be scheduled based on availability of custom installation crews.
- Basic hookup or connection for appliances is defined as setting a washer/dryer in place and connecting to existing power and existing venting. It’s also defined as setting a refrigerator in place and connecting to existing power and existing water lines. In some installations plumbing work may be required. Ed Kellum & Son Audio Video & Appliances does not perform plumbing work. The 4-hour delivery will include the work we can perform in a basic hookup or installation.
- 4-Hour Delivery also applies to all products for drop off delivery, except large built in refrigerators like Sub Zero or Viking (36” models and above). 4-Hour Delivery also applies to the basic hook up and installation of the following products only:
- a) Televisions
- b) Washers and dryers
- c) Refrigerators and freezers
- d) Free-standing/slide-in ranges with existing power sources
- *Appliances requiring complicated installation are excluded. These would include such things as: built in refrigerators, over-the-range microwave ovens, dishwashers, ovens, cook tops, under counter ice machines, vent hoods and built in ranges.
- The cost for 4-Hour Delivery is $179.00
- Full details of our delivery services are available upon request.
In the event delivery is not made and the above 7 conditions are not met, the Customer will be entitled to a refund of the $179 delivery charge and the delivery will be made on the next delivery day (Monday through Saturday). Refund is not due when conditions, including weather, beyond our control, or unsafe conditions exist. Foul weather cancels the 4-Hour Delivery program. Safety for our employees, the customer’s home and the merchandise is a priority. Normal safety and accessibility rules apply.