Starpower Home Entertainment Systems, Inc.
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Starpower. Starpower is committed to earning your total satisfaction with all of our products and services. To ensure this happens, we would like to make you aware of our policies:
1. Starpower offers multiple payment options including special term financing (subject to credit approval—see store for details) and major credit cards. Starpower maintains a security interest in your purchase to secure any unpaid balance. Payment is due in full prior to the ordering/delivery/installation of your purchase.
2. While our team of experts use their best efforts to estimate the number of hours and materials necessary, it is not always possible to foresee every factor involved in custom installation. This includes, but is not limited to: obstacles in walls and/or ceilings, failures of prior contractor(s), coordination with others, idle time while waiting for other contractor(s), etc. Starpower charges either a proposed amount based on the known conditions, or on an hourly basis. Regardless, labor rates reflect an “estimate” and additional labor amounts (if any) are based on actual time logged by our Custom Installers. It is our goal to keep our installers working in the most efficient manner, however, in the event there are delays that are beyond Starpower’s scope or knowledge, additional costs (including hourly rate and expenses) may be billed as a result.
3. Our team of Custom Installers will perform at the highest industry standards. However, there are some circumstances where Internet, TV, or other reception cannot be guaranteed. These situations include, but are not limited to: existing Wi-Fi or networking failures, microwave interference, electrical noise, acts of god or other circumstances beyond our control. Starpower is not responsible for these situations and does not guarantee local conditions. Starpower warrants its’ installation services for a period of 90 days following the substantial completion of work. Products purchased from Starpower are warrantied through the manufacturer and are subject to their respective terms and conditions. Additional coverage may be available for purchase from Starpower. Note- “additional coverage” is limited to those items specified as warranted on the signed sales order and coverage is subject to third-party service warranty.
4. In certain cases, we will be asked to install products in places that wiring cannot be concealed without causing damage to sheetrock, paneling, tiles, etc. While Starpower will make every effort to minimize damage to existing construction, Starpower will not be responsible for loss or repairs necessitated as a result of the performance of installation.
5. In the event that Starpower is contracted to perform “Programming”, it is expressly understood that Starpower retains all rights associated with ownership of the developed program application. The costs billed to you are a single site license to use the Programming as described in your purchase from Starpower. There is no implied right to transfer, copy or otherwise alter Starpower’s Programming without express written permission from Starpower. In the event of non-payment or unauthorized use, Starpower will have the right to withdraw its permission for use of the Programming without notice or liability for losses incurred as a result of such withdrawal. By purchasing Programming, you authorize Starpower to remotely access your system.
6. Any changes or additions will be added to the amounts stated and authorized via the same payment method as previously tendered.
7. In the event that Starpower must order products from our vendors to fulfill your order, no changes, cancellations, or returns can be accepted. You will remain responsible for full payment of these products. In addition, all labor charges, and delivery/shipping charges are sold as non-refundable. Floor sample and closeout items are sold as final sale and are non-returnable.
8. Subject to the exclusions in (7), if you are dissatisfied with a product for any reason, you may return it within 10 days of receipt for a full refund provided: i. The product(s) are in new condition without damage or abuse whatsoever; and, ii. The product(s) are returned with all packaging and accessories; and iii. You accept responsibility for all shipping costs, including insurance (required on all shipments) and include a copy of Starpower’s “Credit Memo” with your shipment (which is provided via email when authorized). In the event that these conditions are not met, Starpower may, at Starpower’s sole option, assign a restocking fee to offset these costs or decline the return altogether. Any credit due will be authorized after receipt and inspection. Refunds for cash or check payments are processed through our corporate office by check and take 10 days to 2 weeks following the return and inspection of product(s).
9. If you wish to make a return after 10 days and before 30 days, Starpower will allow a 100% exchange subject to the exclusions described in (7) and (8). You will be responsible for any labor and/or delivery charges associated with the exchange of product(s). After 30 days, there are no returns or exchanges.
10. If you reside in the state of Texas: For information regarding the legal disposition and recycling of covered television equipment (TVs), please visit http://www.TexasRecyclesTVs.org/
11. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you!