SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers - PRIME BOOKSHELF
Prime Bookshelves: World–Class Performance, Compact Form. Designed for two–channel purists and home theater fans alike, there simply isn't a finer bookshelf monitor available in this segment.
Equally adept in home theater or 2–channel settings, the Prime Bookshelf can form the foundation to an outstanding surround sound system. Their handsome styling and high–end finishes will make you proud to have them in your home–even before you've hit the power button. Matched with both the Prime and Ultra Center, Prime Satellites, and SVS subwoofers, your system's clarity and dynamics will be stunning once called to perform.
In a 2–channel setting, Prime Bookshelf delivers a full and rich stand–alone audio experience with a 6.25" woofer for deep and articulate bass and a 1" aluminum dome tweeter for air presentation and unrivaled highs –true to the legacy of high–end, 2–way monitors. Stereo purists will rejoice at the amazing imaging, soundstage and fidelity delivered by the Prime Bookshelf. Whether you're kicking back Saturday evening with a single malt and Dylan, or enjoying freshly ground coffee Sunday morning with Brubeck – the Prime Bookshelf has it covered. Trickle Down Theory In Action – Ultra Sound At A Prime Price Borrowing heavily from the Ultra line, the Prime Bookshelf is packed with high–end technology and premium quality drivers, setting a new high–water mark for sound quality and performance value at this price point.
The crossover is the key to any great bookshelf, and our exclusive SoundMatch network is packed with quality components and exhaustive refinement for outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior. The transition between tweeter and woofer is so smooth and seamless you'll swear it sounds like a single full–range drive. The front baffle of the cabinet is chamfered and the drivers are flush–mounted to reduce edge diffraction for a smooth high–end and outstanding imaging.
- The 1” Aluminum dome tweeter, which is light, efficient, and rigid, provides high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response.
- We built our groundbreaking new 6.5” bass woofer on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers.
- Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 6.5” woofer uses aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension the cabinet is rear ported and tuned perfectly for the 6.5” woofer.
- Our exclusive SoundMatch crossover sports premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. All of these high-quality components yield lower distortion, tighter tolerances, better heat dissipation, and all around better sound.
- The 2-way crossover is uniquely tuned so each driver can blend perfectly each other while offering the best on and off-axis response, while maintaining phase coherency and razor sharp time domain behavior.