W583 In-Wall Speaker - W583
An acoustically adaptable in-wall speaker
Revel’s W583 in-wall speaker combines accurate sound with versatile installation options. Its 1″ aluminum dome tweeter is aimable, so you can direct sound towards your listening position. The tweeter also has a three-position output level switch, which lets you tailor the sound to the acoustics of your room.
The W583 is an excellent choice for an in-wall stereo system, or as the left or right channel of a Revel home theater system. Its 8″ woofer blends smoothly with the tweeter, providing solid bass and natural midrange.
The W583 benefits from the research and design work that went into Revel’s higher-end in-wall speakers. For instance, the speaker’s integrated tweeter waveguide helps provide great sound across a wide listening area. And its high-order crossover network allows the woofer and tweeter to blend together seamlessly.
The W583 also features high-quality push-post input terminals for a solid connection with your speaker wire. A lifetime warranty ensures excellent long-term performance.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman’s state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- ideal for an in-wall music system or as the left or right channel of a home theater system
- 8″ micro-ceramic composite (MCC) woofer with cast-aluminum frame
- long-throw woofer design with rubber surround for high output and low distortion
- 1″ aluminum dome tweeter
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room’s acoustics
- integrated waveguide provides excellent on- and off-axis performance
- tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you
- high-order crossover network delivers accurate timbre reproduction
- includes paintable zero-bezel magnetic grilles
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 10-135 watts
- cutout dimensions: 8-15/16″W x 11-15/16″H
- overall dimensions: 9-15/16″W x 12-15/16″H
- mounting depth: 3-13/16″
- weight: 6.4 lbs.