C283LP Shallow In-Ceiling Speaker - C283LP
A problem-solving speaker for tight overhead spaces
Revel knows there isn’t always a ton of open space available to work with directly above your ceiling. Their low-profile C283LP in-ceiling speaker is a great solution for those instances. It has a beefy 8″ woofer for solid bass and midrange, but it only measures about 2-3/4″ deep. This lets you install it into ceilings where space is tight, and still enjoy the open, revealing sound that Revel is known for.
Excellent long-term performance
The C283LP is one of Revel’s least expensive 8″ in-ceiling speakers, but it shares some of the same technologies as Revel’s higher-end models.
Its integrated tweeter waveguide provides great sound for listeners directly under the speaker, as well as those positioned off to the side. And its high-order crossover network allows the woofer and tweeter to blend together seamlessly. A lifetime warranty ensures excellent long-term performance.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman’s state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- Frequency response: 50 – 15kHz
- Input impedance: 6.8 ohms @ 160Hz
- Crossover frequencies: 3.1kHz
- High-frequency drive components: 1″ aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- Low-frequency drive components: 6.5″ aluminum cone, cast-polymer frame woofer
- Recommended amplifier power: 10 – 100 watts
- Sensitivity: 85dB
- Weight: 3.1 lbs.
- Mounting depth: 2.72″
- Cutout diameter: 8″
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 85dB
- Frequency range: -3dB from 50 – 15kHz; -10dB from 36 – 18kHz